Since I’ve been out of the Air Force I’ve felt free to do whatever I want with my hair…LOL!
The big thing I was so excited about was being able to wear 20 inch sew-in weaves.
Yes, I love wearing long hair, but with long hair comes care and maintenance, especially if you like to wear Remy hair like me.
I absolutely love it, but the one thing I’ve had to learn was how to properly care for it.
If you also love wearing Remy hair, here are 3 things that I believe you can’t live without.
1. Shampoo – The one thing you have to remember with Remy hair is that you must shampoo the hair weekly just like you would your own. A lot of people shy away from this because they fear the hair will tangle and matt. If this happens it’s either not Remy hair or you’re using the wrong products. I have 2 products that I love to use to shampoo my Vellusia Remy Hair. These products are amazing!
– Biolage Hydrating Shampoo
– Joico Silk Result Smoothing Shampoo
2. Conditioner – The most important thing after the shampoo is moisturizing and detangling, and this is done by using conditioners! So many people skip this step and in my opinion, it’s the most important. There have been times that my conditioners have truly saved my weave! As funny as that sounds it’s the truth. The right conditioners on Remy hair make a world of difference. Ok, so let me get to the good stuff. Here’s what I
like to use:
– Bioliage Hydratherapie Conditioning
– Joico Silk Result Smoothing Conditioner
** TIP – After you shampoo, sit underneath a hooded drier or let your hair air dry naturally. Do not sleep on wet hair. **
3. Moisturizer – Finding a good moisturizerfor true Remy hair is challenging because you have to try to avoid it looking too oily
or too dry. So, in my search to find something that will work I stumbled upon something that I’ll be using for a lifetime! What is it? Moroccan oil! Moroccan oil is amazing and can be used on natural or relaxed hair as well. There are several different brands, but there’s only 1 real Moroccan oil (The brand is “Moroccan oil”) and it can only be purchased at salon’s, but trust me it’s well worth the investment!
Always remember that using a good quality Shampoo, Conditioner, and Moisturizer will change the look and feel of your Remy Hair.
Don’t waste your money on bad products that don’t work, trust me, I’ve done it.
Follow these simple tips to maximize your dollars!
And lastly, I always get asked what kind of Remy Hair I wear, and the answer is Vellusia
Even if you don’t wear my brand, make sure to always look for Remy Hair that is 100% authentic and comes directly from India. And remember, most Indian hair is processed which isn’t “real” Remy.
Just make sure you ask about those things before you purchase from anybody.
I hope you enjoyed.