Starting a business that you’ve always dreamed of looks very easy to some but in reality, it's not. So we’ve put together a list of our best business-building tips to help you stop dreaming and start doing.
- Know Your Target Audience – In layman's terms, “knowing your customers” – These are specific people you want to reach with your marketing message. They are the people who are most likely to buy your products or services. Remember that the target audience is a key part of any marketing strategy.
- Integrity – In the US Air Force our definition of Integrity meant doing what's right even when no one is looking. It correlates with proactive transparency and fairness in all things. In business, integrity is what defines the brand of a business. It is the main reason why a customer or business partner or even supplier likes to do business with you.
- Systems – This is a must and very important. It is like a “ROADMAP” towards your goals and ultimately to your company’s success. There must be continuity. There must be policies and procedures. We also suggest to use google drive, all files, procedures, and training are added to google drive. We also outsource outside the US, specifically in the Philippines. A great website to use for this is Onlinejobs.ph.
- TO-DO-LIST – We use a planning software called Trello, we visualize the tasks altogether this will avoid duplication and or overlapping. Trello brought the concept successfully for task management. A TO-DO-LIST is a useful tool if you feel overwhelmed and keep forgetting important tasks or things.
- Know Your Numbers – This is important for small business owners, thus good bookkeeping is a MUST. It is the process that involves making a record of transactions such as sales, purchases, and expenses.
You can do this! Take these tips and apply them to your business. You'll see a tremendous difference.