Today is my 36th birthday. I thank God for allowing me to wake up and see another birthday, because we all know tomorrow isn't promised to anyone. For my 36th birthday I'd like to share 5 of the most important lessons I've learned so far…
- STOP MAKING EXCUSES – Yes I typed that in all caps, because that was one of the most important lessons I've ever learned. The bottom line is…no one cares about your excuse, all they care about is the result.
- Take Personal Responsibility For Your Actions – It's very easy to pass the blame for something on to someone else, but at the end of the day the responsibility for an action relies on the individual. This lesson is so important I dedicated an entire Science of Success Audio Seminar to it in this month's Million Dollar Stylist® MASTERMIND!
- Have Faith – My parents kept me in Church growing up, so I always had faith and some sort of a relationship with God. It wasn't until I met my husband that I really understood how important that relationship was. My faith now is stronger than it has ever been since we've had to go through so much with my Mom's health. Now I truly know what it means to stand on the word of God.
- Never Forget Where You Came From – I grew up in a very small town called Bunn, NC. In the “I Will Never Give Up” video you can see some of my home town. I was told my an older cousin growing up to never forget where I came from. For some reason, that stuck with me and I promise myself to never forget that. I'm proud of the small town I grew up in.
- Don't Be Afraid To Tell YOUR Story – When the “I Will Never Give Up” video first launched it was viewed and shared by lot's of people, but what was truly amazing was the emails that I received from people who said my story literally saved their life! No matter what people say, your story is YOURS and you never know what life you may be changing by sharing your experiences and life story.
I could go on and on, but those are the ones I believe will help the most people as much as they've helped me. Take care and as always…