“How can I stop my hair from breaking?”
Well, my favorite product for helping to stop breakage is the Aphogee 2-step Protein Treatment.
This is a product intended for professional use, but they sell it in Sally's so now almost anyone can get their hands on it.
The Aphogee protein treatment works by fusing magnesium and modified proteins that with the application of heat, fuse into the hair. This process drastically reduces breakage, and sometimes stops it completely.
This is a protein treatment and is much different from a conditioning treatment, so you have to be mindful to only do these treatments as needed and NEVER less than 4 to 6 weeks apart. Doing them to much can cause unwanted damage.
What scenario do you use it in?
1. If your hair is relaxed, and you color it, you can use this product AFTER you color it to help strengthen the hair.
2. If your hair feels like straw from over processing. Use this product immediately to help stop the breakage and strengthen the hair.
3. If you have heat damage, this product can help your natural texture revert back to it's natural state. It doesn't always work, but it does help! I'm speaking from experience.
4. If you have breakage this will help to stop the breakage and strengthen the hair.
5. If you relax your hair, use this product 1 week before or 1 week after you relax your hair for strength.
I will warn you though, this stuff smells like rotten eggs, BUT it is an amazing product.
Tomorrow I will tell you how to use it.
Stay tuned for more info!
Affiliate Disclosure: I'm grateful to be of service and bring you great content at no cost. To do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a small commission. Your support allows me to keep bringing you great content for free. And for the record, I will never promote anything I don't personally use.